|Al-Tayyeb: Al-Azhar Senior sheikh|
That usually means that Iranians made statements along the lines: "Demonstrators good - Mubarak bad"!
Of course, when Al-Tayyeb makes statements along the line of "Mubarak good - demonstrators bad", that is a totally different thing.
The pot calling the kettle ........
Moreover, if one knows 'the explicit statements of the Quran' they would knows that Al-Tayyeb either lies with out shame, or he is not fully aware of the content of the Quran.
And, one more thing: What consensus??? If Iran Clergy had a different opinion (be it right or wrong), that means there is no 'Islamic' consensus on the issue. If their opinion does not count, they are not an authority. So, I am not sure what his point is.
I guess, Al-Tayyeb expertise is more in 'how to serve one's masters till the last breath, and not in Quranic studies or logic.
|Egypt's Grand Mufti: Ali Jum'a|
There are many Egyptian sayings to describe people like those clergy, some are beneath my standards, even when I am as angry as I am, but a milder one would be: "Feed the mouth, and their eyes would not dare look critically at you أطعم الفم , تستحي العين ". I guess Mubarak feeds them well.
Some men of God these ones are!
- ملفات الاهرام - الازهر يدين السياسات الإيرانية والتصريحات الاوروبية والأمريكية التى تتدخل فى الشأن المصرى
- الأخبار - عربي - الأزهر ينتقد فتاوى تدعم الاحتجاجات
- الأخبار - تقارير وحوارات - انتقاد لموقف مفتي السعودية من مصر
- Khaled Hamid Forum: Egyptian Christians: some voice of the People on the BBC
- Khaled Hamid Forum: Organised Religion: Never fails to disappoint (at least in Egypt)