Sunday, March 16, 2008

A beautiful song and a captivating video: I want to live in a Land called Paradise

This weekend, I was almost decided to post something that has nothing to do with violence, suicides, racism, fundamentalists, etc. And, while there was no shortage of bad news this weekend, I managed to stick with my plan.

This is a truly beautiful song by a very talented American Muslim musician/singer/song writer (with a degree in chemical engineering, and a soon-to-finish degree in Law!!). This is the kind of song that I like to listen to with the volume set to maximum. And even if you do not like country music, I bet you will like this one (By the way, he is of Egyptian ancestry so I have more reasons to like him).



Art, especially music, is a blessing. In 4 minutes and 13 seconds, Kareem Salama manages to inspire a lot of feelings and beauty that is difficult to match - for me at least.

I know this has been around for a while, and many of you may have seen it before. Still I hope you will enjoy it as much as I still do.
Khaled

No comments:

Post a Comment