Friday, February 22, 2008

This November, I'm voting Christian - Bradley Burston

"The United States has been in church for nearly a year, now, preached to, proselytized, evangelized, testified to by one presidential candidate after another. It seems to be working, on me at least. I've come to a decision. I'm going to vote for a Christian. "
---
"I am not about to demand that my candidate be the most consistent of church-goers. My candidate need not believe in Church theology or politics. This is what I want from my candidate: Emulate Jesus. Heal. Be a true Christian. Act to heal a country which is wounded and cleft to its core.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Matthew 5:44) "
Click here to read the full article in Haaretz.

No comments:

Post a Comment